Wednesday, May 9, 2007

The Results Are In


And you are NOT going to believe this one. As of right now Sophia is NOT getting tubes put in her ears. The ENT checked her out today and said that her ears look perfect and the pressure test came back normal. However the next time she gets an ear infection (which I'm guessing will be next week) I am suppose to take her to the ENT instead of her regular pediatrician.


It sounds crazy but I'm not sure if I should be happy about the fact that she doesn't have to have surgery. On one hand I dreaded the tubes because she would have to be so careful about getting water in her ears and I do know of kids who get tubes and still get ear infections. But one the other hand, tubes may help her. Maybe if I put her in a plastic bubble to live in she wouldn't get sick anymore. I wonder if they sell those on eBay?


Oh and I have to mention the super cute thing Little Bit did at the ENT's office today. The waiting room was super crowded. As we were leaving Steven tells her to say goodbye to everyone...so instead of just waiving "bye bye" she stands in the middle of the room and blows a gigantic and dramatic kiss and says "muuuuuah". Now if I could only get her to say "ciao" after she blows the kiss!

CIAO!




Checking out the new ferns with the Queen Mum...didn't you guys hear that the old bird was in town?? JUST KIDDING G!


6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That sounds like good news for Sophia! Good luck and let's hope there won't be a "next" ear infection!!!

Janice said...

That's great news Sophie doesn't have to go through surgery. I do understand what you mean about wishing your child lived in a plastic bubble for a while. Everytime I take the kids out anywhere I am always thinking, what are they going to get this time around?

I wish I could've heard her say "muuuuah" - very cute! BTW, where is that adorable little outfit from??

Jonathan's Mommy said...

OMG--I ADORE Sophie's outfit and her pigtails!!

I am so happy to hear that you guys got good news today!! It would be so great if she (and you!) didn't have to endure surgery!

And if you find the plastic bubble retailer, let me know 'cause I will totally be signing J-Man up!!

Neurotic Atty said...

I'm loving the first picture...very America's Next Top Model with the over the shoulder pose. But a picture of Mommy, too?! How did we get so lucky to get Mommy out from BEHIND the camera? Mommy looks fabulous! Muuuuuah to Sophie and Mommy!

Maria said...

Good news that she doesnt have to have surgery, but I hope her ears dont keep bothering her.
But, I have to say, love the dress!!!

TwinMommyLawchick said...

After all that, no tubes? That’s great for Sophie B! Maybe she’s starting to outgrow the whole ear infection thing. Good news for both of you!