Sunday, May 6, 2007

The day is over....FINALLY

Today was a looooong day. In fact you know that band of Gypsies that I've mentioned before, well at one point today I was wishing that they'd come through town. Although I'm quite positive that they would have turned their Gypsy wagons around before they made it to Charleston and brought her back.



Apparently I spoke to soon when I said that Sophia was on the mend. Last night and this morning we realized that the antibiotics were NOT working. So today was one of those days that no matter what we did Sophia was not a happy camper. We tried EVERYTHING. We even made a quick trip to the park thinking it would put a smile on her face. Nope. Nothing. We managed to make her happy for 5 minutes this evening with her bubbles. She still hasn't figured out how to blow but she looks cute trying.




Of course after a few minutes of dipping the stick in and out of the bubbles she was back to screaming. I know she's not feeling well and I know that her ears hurt. I feel so bad for her and I'd give anything for her to be back to her old self. First thing tomorrow it's another trip to the doctor. I have a feeling that she'll be getting a shot of antibiotics since the last 2 haven't worked.
(And thank you Aunt Laura for the cool non-spill bubbles! This little invention ranks up there with the mini Popsicles. )

7 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Sophie is feeling poorly again! There is honestly nothing worse than having a baby who is under the weather! I know when Jonathan is like that, I would give anything, literally ANYTHING, to have him back to his normal self. So, I'm sending Sophie well-feeling wishes and hopes you have at least a passably restful night!

Wendy said...

I am so sorry. I know how not fun a sick baby is, and how your heart breaks as a mother!! Prayers for a speedy recovery, adn for the doctors to know how to get rid of this!!

Janice said...

Kim, I wish I could wave a magic wand for your Sophie's ears to get better! It breaks my heart when they cannot tell you exactly what they need or want. Hope she can get some rest tonight! And you too!

Maria said...

Poor little Sohpie. I hope that they can get her on the mend soon. She looks so cute with her little bubbles.

TwinMommyLawchick said...

Poor Sophie. I hope they can figure out what is wrong with her QUICK. I can’t imagine how miserable she is, and you are too! Let’s hope this next round of antibiotics does the trick and has no weird side effects!

Wendy said...

Well wishes for the doctors appt. today!! Please update us when you know!!

Elizabeth said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the new meds work and work quickly!! Good luck.