Saturday, May 5, 2007

Quick Update




Everything is good in the Sophie department. Her arms haven't turned purple lately which I take to be a very good sign. I spoke with her pediatrician on Thursday and our first step is to send her to an allergist to see whether or not she is allergic to certain antibiotics. Hopefully we'll find out that she is and we can just avoid those drugs. If she's not...then we'll have to look into going to a cardiologist and a rheumatologist. Thank you everyone for all of your thoughts and prayers.


I haven't picked up my camera in almost a week. Little Bit just hasn't been in a picture taking mood. She still isn't 100% over her ear infection but we are getting there. I'm thinking that by Monday she'll be itching to go back to day care. Miss Anna said that it just wasn't the same without her and I actually believe that statement...b/c it's probably been quite nice without her there. There isn't anyone going around waking the other kids up!


On a side note we had our big community yard sale today. I didn't realize until today that baby clothes sell like crack. I made $225! I have to admit that it was a little sad parting with some of Sophie's things. My neighbor asked if my goal was to never have anymore children since I was unloading so much. She pretty much hit the nail on the head! Why is it that some people look at you like you have 3 heads when you say that you only want one child? Geesh people.

6 comments:

Janice said...

Glad Sophie's not having any more "Barney" moments on her arm. Do you happen to know how they're testing her for the allergies? Hopefully she doesn't have to go to a cardiologist or rheumatologist. Sending more positive thoughts your way!

Congratultions on making money! There is absolutely nothing wrong with having one child (I'm an only child myself). I think I'm done having two - we always just wanted a boy and a girl, although my MIL is already bugging us about another!!!!! One of us should've gotten "fixed" so we wouldn't get questions about having more...

Neurotic Atty said...

OK, I love this picture, too! Sophie is such a card!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that Sophie is feeling better. I was really worried! Also, I feel your pain b/c people look at me like I have three heads when I say that maybe we won't have any children!

Wendy

Anonymous said...

I'm glad one of us made some $ at the yard sale. I was happy to make a few bucks and get rid of some crap though. Thankfully the rest is on its way to Mom's for her yard sale.
I think Sophie took to Dave yesterday, which makes me feel even better about having one on the way. That picture of Sohpie is adorable.

Katie

Jonathan's Mommy said...

So happy to hear that Sophie is feeling better! Hopefully you'll get good news at the allergist and you can be finished with this whole purple arm business!

I think it is INSANE how strangers think it's acceptable to comment on how many children you are are going to have. I personally go back and forth between one child and two, but that's a personal decision for Bryan and I to make when the time is right! I would like to have these persons who think I should have more children pool a financial contribution together, because financial security could certainly help sway the decision in the second baby direction!

I look forward to the the day when I can sell all of Jonathan's cute outfits and get some cold hard cash!!

Wendy said...

Kids clothes do sell like crack! I made $1200 at my garage sale last summer. It was almost too much work to do this summer though. We used it for part of a vacation last fall. You made alot of money for one childs clothing!! You must have some GOOD stuff!! Ha!