Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Growing Up

I'm not sure exactly how it happened but all of the sudden, in the blink of an eye, my 5 year old twin nephews, Jacob and Steven, turned into really cool little kids! I'm an only child and I've never been around a ton of little kids in my life. Before Sophia entered the picture I have to admit that my patience on the kid spectrum hung round level zero. Little kids drove me nuts, messed with my plans, and basically got in the way. They whine, make messes, and actually they don't make any sense at all. So having Sophia has without a doubt mellowed me in the kid department.


But despite my change I think that Steven and Jacob have changed as well. There's no more whining. No more flipping out for no apparent reason. No more trying to decipher the language they are trying to speak. Now it's my kid who does all of this and Jacob and Steven are actually fun to be around! Not that Sophia isn't fun to be around (she's mine so that doesn't count) it's just different. Now you can carry on a conversation with these two and let me tell you, a conversation with a 5 year old can be pretty interesting. They are big kids with big interests like fishing, baseball, and swimming. And they are even helpful and wonderful with their little cousin Sophia!


So Jacob and Steven I'm sorry if I've lacked patience with you in the past. I'm sorry if I've rolled my eyes countless times as you've sat crying in time out. And I'm sorry for the millions of times I've thought that you were loud and so distructive that you could tear up and anvil. You've turned into two awesome little dudes!
Here's Steven high-fiving it with Sophia


And here's Jacob. I'm not quite sure what's up with the fake smile.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Very sweet post. BIg of you to admit all of that!! What wonderful changes children can bring to anyone right??