Saturday, April 14, 2007

In Honor of ME!!

Drats!! I've been tagged again by Janice to do a Birthday MeMe. Since my birthday is on Tuesday I thought this would be fun. You go to Wikipedia (anyone know exactly how you pronounce that?) and see the events of the day you were born. Here we go April 17:



3 Events That Occurred That Day:
1397- Geoffrey ChaucerGeoffrey tells the Canterbury Tales for the first time at the court of Richard II.
1861- American Civil War- Virginia secedes from the Union.

1964- Ford unveils the Mustang at the NY World's Fair.


2 Important Birthdays
1837- My Great-great Grandpa, J.P Morgan, American financier and philanthropist
1972 - My BFF from Charleston WV, Jennifer Garner, American actress


1 Death
1790- Benjamin Franklin, American inventor, diplomat, and printer


Holiday or Observance
Nada (except for Liturgical Feast day for a bunch of Catholic Saints)



Ok so now to the fun part. Janice posted a few pics of her as a kid. HOW FUN!!! So now I challenge EVERYONE to post a picture of themselves as a kidd-0. And don't even say that you don't have any on your computer or a scanner b/c I went all ghetto like and took a picture of a picture! So drum-roll please........Here I am circa 1982 as a Strawberry Shortcake Majorette. I must say that I have nice legs for a 4 year old!!! And I'm loving the Dorothy Hamill hair-do, thanks mom!


Lets go: Maria, Andrea, Heather, Stephanie, and Anne. I want to see those pictures!!!!


7 comments:

Janice said...

Oh, my goodness, it's as if I'm seeing Sophie in a couple of years!! You sure do know how to pose for the camera, don't you? I noticed we had he same Dorothy Hamil hairdo!!

BTW, I had to go "ghetto" on my old photos because I don't have a scanner either. I can't wait to see everyone else's pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

Your hair sure did lighten up over the years. haha From the beach right?

Neurotic Atty said...

I don't know what's more ghetto...the way you posted the picture or that hoochie Strawberry Shortcake skirt you're wearing! Was your twirling class taught by the Pussy Cat Dolls? LOL! Have a good weekend!

Anne said...

OH......... MY....... GOD........

The skirt's a little hoochie alright!!! LOL

You go girl!

Stephanie said...

Love it!!!!! I am working on mine, I have to find some pictures!

Anonymous said...

OK, you may have been a cute Strawberry Shortcake, but the Guyan Valley Sweethearts were much better! BTW, Strawberry Shortcake is making a HUGE comeback so you'll have to get Sophie some. Talk about memories!!
Kel

Maria said...

I loved Strawberry Shortcake when I was little, I am so glad she is making a comeback so that I can buy her for Ashley!
I love your little outift, it was so cute, but the hat makes the outfit!