Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Hanging Out



Sorry that I haven't posted for a few days...and this pic isn't the best but it's all I've got at the moment. Yesterday I turned the big 2-9 AND it was the last day of tax season so we had some celebrating to do. GiGi came over and watched Sophie and Steven and I met for a nice dinner. Lucky for me, I was able to fit in some shopping before dinner. So in 3 days a 50 mm 1.8 lens will be delivered to my house. I'm sooooo excited about the lens (of course I'm not exactly sure if it will make a difference in my photo taking).


I snapped this picture of Sophia on Sunday. She's now discovered that she can fit inside the kitchen cabinets. I have cabinet locks on every cabinet but this one. Every kid needs access to a few pots and pans to bang the heck out of!


On a side note...I can't BELIEVE that I am 29. That's OLD!!! I mean I'll be 30 next year! I swear I sometimes look at my 19 year old cousin and just wish that I could change places with her for a few days. Ah....to be 19, skinny, and not have a care in the world except figuring out what you were going to do that night. But I'd only want to be 19 for a few days, then I'd want to come back to Little Bit and Steven and our happy little world in our little house.


12 comments:

Neurotic Atty said...

Happy birthday, Kim!!! I know just how you feel. When I turned 27 this year, it just about killed me (even though it almost seems like I've been there before...hmmmm). But 29 is great. I'm sure you'll love it. I'm looking forward to it.

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I totally feel you on the turning 29 thing--I turned 29 in January. I think back to being 19 and about how easy it waa. But then I remember that it was totally not so easy at the time and I feel thankful for what I have now! Have a great birthday and a great pre-30 year!!

Janice said...

Hey, you guys are making me feel OLD!!!! 30's not so bad, really! Although it would be nice to be in college again and just have fun partying - but only for a minute. We're actually going to a
"Kegger style" party next week - no kids - just a bunch of 30 somethings reminiscing about college...

Happy 29th Birthday, Kim!!!!!!!

Anne said...

Belated Happy Birthday Kim! I know what you mean about feeling old.... and I definitely know what you mean about wanting to be 19 again (even for just a day or two!! lol). I always tease my sister that I'm not old, I'm just "mature" ---- sometimes, that makes me feel better. Hahaha. Glad you and Steven got to go out and celebrate! How bout that lunch we've been putting off??? :)

Jami said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your new lens!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry 30's not that bad (at least so far -- its only been 2 weeks).

Carrie

TwinMommyLawchick said...

I'm 28, I'm 28, I'm 28...ow, stop punching me! Ok, only til Sept but still, I'm the youngest except Carrie, so I have to rub it in at times.

We gotta plan a 30 bash!

Megan said...

I think you'll love your new lens! The 1.8 is great for photos when the lighting is really bad.

PS-You're SO not old!

Anonymous said...

Kim, you think you're old? I can remember you at Sophie's age playing with the pots and pans at my house. Major flash back!!! Enjoy your days' Happy Belated Birthday! I love you. Aunt Paula

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kim. It doesnt matter how old we are as long as we are not acting our age:) Take care and enjoy the new lens. Carrie

Elizabeth said...

Kim, Kim, Kim. 30 isn't that bad!! I turned 30 in January and so far it has been great. Enjoy your last year before the big three-0. Happy Birthday and trust me....30 is a whole new wonderful world if for no other reason then you get to say "early" 30's instead of "late" 20's!!

supermommysquared said...

Welcome to the 29 club. You had a few more days than I did at 28, so I am happy that you are now old as well. Now we need to figure out a way to get rid of that youngin' Andrea and all will be good....

We seriously need to have a huge party at 30!