Thursday, July 26, 2007

Banned from Wallyworld

Ok so not literally but we SHOULD be. I've never been so embarrassed in my life! Allow me to set the stage. At 2 this afternoon Sophie had an appointment with an allergist. The appointment lasted forever and obviously that should have been my first clue that shopping afterwards was a bad idea. But regretfully, we stopped at Walmart on the way home. Everything was fine until we reached the checkout. At that point Little Bit snapped. Or demons entered her little body and took over. It started with her standing up in the cart. GiGi and I both put the fear of god in her but it had no effect. I take her out of the cart thinking that she would check out the stuff in the check out line. Nope, not so much. She ran from me. And when I caught her, she threw herself smack dab in the middle of the floor and not in our small little area...oh no...she ran out to where EVERYONE could see her and flopped around like a fish out of water screaming. Now when I get nervous, I laugh, uncontrollably. So here I am laughing (but not because I think the scene is funny but because I'm a nervous wreck and totally 100% mortified) and I hear some old man say "wow, she's not very happy."And my mother is standing back in the checkout pretending that she doesn't know us. Of course I can't say that I blame her on that one! So I finally manage to wrestle her into a death grip and head for the door, kicking and screaming the entire way. Had those Gypsies been out front I'd be kidless right now because I would have paid them to take her!

It baffles me that one mintue a kid can be happy as a clam and the next thing you know they turn into the spawn of Satan. Just look at these pictures. These were taken 45 mintues before the breakdown. The doctor gave her a sucker and she sat and ate it like a big girl. I'd never given her one but she apparently new exactly what to do with it and loved it. Little did I know what was about to go down in less than an hour!





6 comments:

Maria said...

Ashley didnt want to stay in bed last night at all and was up and down for like 2 hours. So, if you find those gypsies can you see if we can get a 2 for 1 deal!!

TwinMommyLawchick said...

Oh, Kim, like I told you, those of us with kids would have felt sorry for you. I think it's a rite of passage for every mommy to be thoroughly embarassed by our kids. Now when she's 15 you can return the favor!

Anonymous said...

I can remember Evan doing that in Stone & Thomas only he had leg braces on and it was Christmas! I thought my mom was going to kill him. He had run from her and got in the rack of clothes and then threw himself in the middle of the floor kicking and screaming. I cn remember tons of people being around. So I think this is just something they do at that age. I of course never did anything like that... :)

Jenny

Anonymous said...

YOU HAVE JUST RECEIVED YOUR OFFICIAL WELCOME INTO MOTHERHOOD!!
Until your children have completely mortified you beyond all reason in public, you can not officially call yourself a mother.
CONGRATULATIONS!! :-)
Kel

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I think Walmart has that effect on small children as it was the site of Jonathan's best-to-date breakdown. It is completely mortifying but it DOES make for a good blog!

Janice said...

Jennifer's right! At least you can blog about it! I think Walmart has that effect on everybody. They're stuff is nice and cheap but after being in ours for 20 miniutes I want to throw a fit myself (our aisles are so narrow and it's jam packed with a lot of shoppers).

BTW, I'm glad I wasn't the only one that found my quote funny! :-P