Wednesday, June 27, 2007

See this?



This is a device which I hope and pray will put my 15 month old into a zombie like state as we make the 8 hour trip to the "redneck riviera" during "coal miner's week" (i.e. Myrtle Beach for those of you not from WV and referred to as "coal miner's week" because I think every miner up every "holler" heads to the beach during the 4th of July and I ain't hatin' on anyone b/c I myself am a Coal Miner's Daughter so I'm allowed to talk some smack). However, I must admit that I do looooove the place but I digress. Up until this point Sophie has not been into TV. Well two days ago we hooked up the car DVD player so to test it out I've been turning on Elmo during our rides home from day care and she seems to get sucked right in...YAY! So at 3 am tomorrow morning we are heading south. We are also hoping that Little Bit sleeps from 3am until 7 but I'd bet the bank that she'll grace us with her presence around 6 when the sun comes up. Wish us luck and may the force be with us!


And in case there are any weird blog stalkers out there...please know that the only possessions we have worth stealing are a George Foreman grill and a Shrek 2 DVD. Nothing else is worth taking I promise. You can GLADLY take this POS lap top that I'm using at the moment. Oh and stay tuned because I'm sure to post while sea side!

9 comments:

Jami said...

Have a great trip!! I hope the DVD player does the trick. I can't wait to see pictures.

Neurotic Atty said...

Have a safe trip!

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Hope y'all have a safe trip! As a WV girl at heart, I have a love for Myrtle Beach, too, so I am sure you will have a great trip!!

You will have to let me know if the DVD player works as we plan to use one for the next vacation we take...

Janice said...

Never been to Myrtle Beach. I am so jealous!

That's a good idea about the DVD player. I think that might keep Ava from crying like crazy after being in the car for 20 minutes.

"May the 'Schwartz' be with you." (Spaceballs)

Shana-Lynn said...

Hope the DVD player works on your trip! We take lots of long car rides and just started to use a DVD player for Aubree, and so far we have had good luck so best of luck to you all and have a BLAST!

Maria said...

I am getting excited! But dreading the drive. We are leaving at 11pm or midnight in hopes our little one will sleep the entire time. Or at least all but the last hour or so.
Good luck, may Elmo and the Wiggle bring you peace in the car!

TwinMommyLawchick said...

You will LOVE LOVE LOVE the DVD player but you will get worn out on hearing that stuff fast, so bring the MP3 player for Mommy's ears. Ours is a drop down from the ceiling one that came with teh Expedition and let's just say, even with gas prices, the Expedition was the best purchase ever, and about 30% of that is the DVD system. But, ours has headphones (2 sets) that we're going to break out this year, and they can listen to the DVD and we can listen to the radio or a CD. Now I just have to figure out how to do it...

Have a great time, and you are a brave girl going to MB during the 4th with a kid! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Have fun and be safe!

Jenny

Jaidean said...

Have a great (and safe) trip!!!