Saturday, June 9, 2007

The Dynamic Duo




A few months ago, Lyndsay challenged every mommy out there to step in front of the camera more. I have hundreds upon hundreds of photos of Sophia but sadly I can count on two hands the number of photos where I'm in the picture with her. I have a million pictures of me in all of my glory at WVU and shakin' my thing at Chi Omega functions. Now that I'm almost 30 and the old gray mare just ain't what she use to be, the thought of looking at my big ole butt in a photo is not high on my list of things to do. But years from now when I'm dead and gone I imagine Sophia going through old photos and not being able to find any pictures of me! Remember that scene in the movie Beaches where Hillary is frantically looking for a picture of her mother's hands? That scene has seriously played through my mind on more than one occasion. So here's me and Little Bit. And here's another challenge to all of you mommies out there to get in front of the lens!

10 comments:

Janice said...

This is such a sweet picture of the two of you! I bet it is something Sophie will absolutely cherish when she grows up. I remember that scene on "Beaches" and now you got me thinking I should have more photos of me with the kids.

Sophie's expression and beautiful smile is perfect! Oh, and I'm glad she's having a great time at her new center!!!

Neurotic Atty said...

What a beautiful picture!!!

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I agree that it's a great picture! You guys are completely adorable. Did you enlist hubby or someone else to take it? My problem is that I take most of the pictures of Jonathan when no one else is around...

supermommysquared said...

Great pic of you 2! I am the same with the no pics of myself. I just photograph awful, but Hailey and Max should really have some pics of me...I don't seem to be getting any prettier or younger :) sadly. By the way, I love that scene in Beaches...fabulous movie!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable!!!!!!
love
G

TwinMommyLawchick said...

Love this pic!

I'm like you, no pictures cause I'm the only one taking them! Argh. I need to get everyone else to take some. And lose 40 pounds. Ah, we can all dream.

Anne said...

LOVE it! We should get together and you can take photos of me and Ethan and I'll take photos of you and Sophie, lol. Photos of me with Ethan are scarce too, and most of the ones I have with him are (sadly enough) those stretch-my-own-arms-out pics.

Neurotic Atty said...

Oooohhh...you should incorporate this picture into a banner for your blog! That would be so beautiful!

Paula said...

i hear ya with not wanting to be in front of the camera right now. wendy actually has been harping on me about getting some pictures of lydia and i, since she has about 5,000 of her and her father!

Wendy said...

Very sweet picture!! I am never in front of the camera. I think about that all the time!! Thanks for reminding us moms that we should do this!!