Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Edition

A day late :)


These were the Valentine's Little Bit gave out at school. We attached sticky back felt mustaches to the card so that every kid got a fake stache as a gift. Because really, fake mustaches on 5 and 6 year olds rock. Oh and Sophie "claims" that she had a special "Valentine." I shall not divulge his name because I don't think that he is aware that he was dubbed her "Valentine." HA!

I love making big deals out of smaller Holidays. Pre-kids I didn't really see the big deal in celebrating every holiday that came our way. Valentine's day was nice IF you had someone to spend it with. But I remember spending quite a few Valentine's days with two of the most awesome dudes on the planet, Ben and Jerry. St. Patrick's day was an excuse to find a pseudo Irish bar in Morgantown and drink green beer. And Mardi Gras was yet another excuse to go out! Except with beads!

Now I look at holidays in a whole new light! And I LOVE IT! I loved waking Sophie up on Tuesday morning with a heart shaped doughnut with sprinkles on top. And I loved giving her her a few gifts sprinkled through out the day. A new Junie B. Jones book, a Hello Kitty candy watch, and the pièce de résistance, a kid sized bath robe. Steven gave me the best gift ever, cash! HA! Some may find cash as a thoughtless gift but trust me, he knows the way right to my heart. I'm debating on buying some Born boots that I've had my eye on or waiting and buying something fun for spring!

Next up, Mardi Gras. We usually don't do anything for this one because I never really thought about it. But Little Bit always liked getting beads from the Mardi Gras display at the Walmarts! the beads and masks were always cool looking having up at walmart. This year church has a Mardi Gras dinner and I am ALL OVER it. I think I need to find a King Cake complete with a baby inside.

Then comes St. Patrick's day and you know how I love me some St. Patrick's day! I have a feeling that the pesky leprechauns will be back in action again this year!


No comments: