Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Back in Business


1. $80 later and I'm back in business! But with no pictures :( This is now my 3rd power cord for my computer. Perhaps this law suit is on to something. I filed one claim already but now I'm thinking that I should file another! But I don't care how many power cords I have to buy, it will not change my love affair with Apple products. I must see to it that Steve Jobs' heirs are taken care of.


2. So Soph had an ultrasound on Friday if see if she had a hernia. I waited all day on Friday for her doctor to call with the results but didn't hear a word. Then around 4:30 one ding dong husband of mine called and said, "I had a call on my phone from an odd number so I didn't answer but I'm pretty sure it was the doctor's office." Husband FAIL! I called around and tracked her doctor down and it turns out that the ultrasound was inconclusive. So she is going to see a surgeon to see what she thinks. Boo.

3. In other bright news, $1011.58 cents was stolen from our checking account yesterday. Grrrrrr. I'm telling myself that the thieves in California who went on a spending spree at a grocery store must have needed lots of diapers and formula to feed their hungry children. Otherwise, I might implode. We'll get the money back but it's still a huge headache. My friend got robbed too! Apparently, there is a rash of thefts!

4. Why has it taken me this long to discover the beauty of Red Box dvd rentals? Hello, awesome! Since it's tax season we've instituted Friday night movie night. Tons of blankets on the floor and food that is bad for you. Perfect. Last week we watched "Treasure Buddies." Steven kind of rolls his eyes at the movie selections. He's just gonna have to chill. It might be awhile before little bit is interested in Will Smith movies! (or Mark Walberg movies for me!)

5. Operation "find the Carrs a dog" has been put in motion. I was looking around at different rescue shelters and one site led to another and I some how landed on a boxer/labrador mix dubbed a "boxador." Oh my. They have to be the world's most perfect mutt ever. If we could find one of those at a shelter locally, I would be all.over.it. Although, that is a little bigger than I initially said we would go.

6. I REALLY need to work on what I tell my kid when it comes to other kids saying mean things to her. The other morning I put a dress on her and Little Bit made a sad face and said that "so and so will say this dress is ugly." Blind rage comes over me at comments like that. My advice, was not to turn the other cheek. Or to tell her that "so and so must put others down because they must be trying to make their own self feel better." No my advice, "well you tell so and so that their face is ugly, and unlike your dress, that can't be changed." Parent fail. Although, this is an even bigger parent fail b/c lately Soph has been starting every sentence off with, "my mommy said...." so it will probably come out as something like, "my mommy said your face is ugly, and my dress will change it." Which will make zero sense, but that doesn't matter because all that will stick is that "Sophie's mommy said I am ugly." In my defense, I've never laid eyes on this kid.

7. I'm getting burned out on reading the Berenstain Bear books every single night. We have 50 of those babies! Was Sister and Brother never given "real" names? I am DYING to start reading Harry Potter with her. But is she too young? Anyone else read the first HP to their kindergartner. I so hope she loves those books as much as I do. Unfortunately, she'll probably take after Steven and will prefer watching the movies! That will rip my heart out.

8. Our friends Joel and Shannon welcomed their 3rd little one to their family last week. I'm dying to meet her but I've had a cold so I don't want to get anywhere near her.

9. I have a college friend/sorority sister who is going to be on House Hunters International on Friday, March 16 (Sophie's Bday)! HGTV followed them on their hunt for a vacation home in Spain! Swoon. One day, my friends, one day.

10. Peace out!

No comments: