Friday, April 2, 2010

On the Eve of History

(updated to apply to loves in other states, thanks, Rosalie!)

I can't quite explain it. It's as though there's this thick, invisible, energized air reverberating off of everything around here. Even at the Walmarts. The Mountaineers are going to the Final Four and they ARE going to win.

Have you ever heard of Noetic Science? I first heard about it in Dan Brown's book, "The Lost Symbol" (side note, I love that I get my science from fiction, but I digress). Anyway, Noetic Science involves claims that the human thought can affect the physical world. On Saturday, Noetic Scientists around the world should use the state of West Virginia as a case study. At 8:47 pm there will be 1.8 million minds focused on one thing and one thing only. And those minds want one thing and one thing only: the complete and utter annihilation of Duke.

(Side note- there's actually, 1,819,777 people in West Virginia, but I figure that maybe around 19,776 are living under a rock or mentally impaired. And then there's my uncle who puts the count back to 19,777 who is against anyone playing WV. He obviously was dropped on his head one too many times as a small child b/c seriously, why you gonna hate?! I mean seriously, what's the legitimate answer to that question?)

It's an unbelievable feeling to know that an entire state is standing behind 16 young guys and 1 legend of a coach willing them to go all the way. Clark Griswold put it best. I can guarantee you that when they bring that trophy home, the State of West Virginia is going to be "the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse." No one....and I mean no one would be prouder. Sure other teams have fans. But other teams don't have Mountaineer fans. So LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!

This message brought to you by the mother of a child who will probably put the "P" in "Party School" class of 2024.




No comments: