Sunday, February 15, 2009

There's No Place Like Home


And home would be much nicer if we had phone and cable!! Verizon is currently 0 for 2 on showing up without even calling. At this rate, I figure that I won't be  paying a phone bill for at least 3 months because when I finally talk to someone there will be some butt kicked. The Direct TV guy on the other hand, did have the courtesy to call me yesterday to say that he wouldn't be able to make it and even agreed to come out today on his day off. And of course we came and went and we don't have any TV. We have to have someone to fish a cable through the wall. I'M DYING!!! I had to watch Lost on a Freaking Iphone screen for god sake! 

So God must have taken pity on me. He put a wireless Internet signal in the air. I can barely pick up and it's slower than slow but at least it's something! We are slowly adjusting to the new digs. A few days ago Little Bit asked me when we were "going home," which of course broke my heart all over again. Oscar the Boxer is here too. Last week he stayed in the doggy hotel while we moved. And we cringe every time we hear his nails on the hardwood floors. But houses were made to be lived in (and dogs, in my opinion, were made to live outside but I keep losing that argument). 

Oh and I guess I should explain why Sophie B is wearing a Dorothy costume in the middle of February. It was her Valentine's Day present. And since she wants a Wizard of Oz birthday party, I thought I would try to take some photos over her while I had the giant heart shaped lollipop to bribe her. In this particular picture, she's acting out the scene with the Lollipop Guild where they "wish to welcome you to Munchkin Land." 

6 comments:

Katie said...

I can't believe Verizon failed to show up AGAIN! That is crazy. I would definitely be on a rampage. You can always say screw Verizon and go with Suddenlink if you're desparate. The only bad thing is that when they power is out, you don't have phone either. Sophie looks cute in her Dorothy costume, which we almost got for Jordan for Halloween. Sadly, Dave didn't know what the costume was...

I love the lock box still on the door in the picture, too.

Anna said...

Little bit is so cute. :) Hopefully you all will get cable soon, so you can watch Lost again. lol...

And there is never a wrong time to wear a Dorothy costume, especially when its her fav movie. :D

Love ya.

Paula said...

Love the picute..hooray for stolen wireless..

Jenny said...

The house is looking really great. Hopefully you will get cable and phone soon- I have to say you have impressed me actually answering your cell phone!!!!

Sophie looks too cute as Dorothy! And I think she may have a little boyfriend in Jackson!

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I could live without TV if I had to, but not Internet! That's just not natural!

Shana-Lynn said...

I heard Verizon was pretty bad, sorry you have to deal with them. Hopefully you get all the good stuff this week!

Sophie looks adorable in her Dorothy outfit!!!