Monday, February 16, 2009

35 Months

My Sweet Girl,

Today you celebrated your 35th month. Just one more and you'll be three! That fact is absolutely unbelievable to me. Your daddy and I sometimes get sad at the big kid you are becoming. You continue to tell everyone that you are getting a kitty when you turn 3. As luck would have it (or bad luck, that's yet to be determined), my roommate from college emailed me the other day to tell me that her sister's cat just had kittens and they will be ready for your birthday. So it looks like that birthday wish just might come true. I hope that it's one tough cat. I worry about you pulling a Lenny  on it by loving it a little too much. 


This past month has definitely been a roller coaster ride. And despite the few weeks of staying up way past your normal 8pm bedtime you've adjusted beautifully. You seem to love your new house and especially your new room. Gracie has already been over to play twice and without fail the two of you run to your room, slam the door shut, and get into trouble. Lets see, you locked us out on the first visit. The second visit the two of you decided to try out jumping on every single bed in the house and follow that up with a "we not doing nuffin." I guess Cindy Lauper said it best, "girls just wanna have fun."

So we've been without cable for going on 2 weeks now. So now we have watched the Wizard of Oz 8,993, 593 times. Actually, I can't say that we watch it. Instead, you like to stand in the middle of the room and act out every scene along with the movie. Is this normal? Do other kids sit on the fire place hearth, gaze longingly  out the window, and sing "Some Where Over the Rainbow" as though they are Judy Garland reincarnated? 

We are still going strong in gymnastics as well. Although sometimes I think I'd rather stick needles in my eyeballs than take you to another class. 9 classes out of 10 you like to run around the gym like a chicken with its head cut off. Your teacher must think you are a crazed lunatic or else she's seen kids worse and if she has, god help her. Climbing on anything and everything. Running as fast as you can down the vault mat. But you love it. More than anything, it's the one thing that suits you to a tee. 

Your imagination is hilarious! Already today you've been locked in a tower by a witch no less than three times. Gracie has shrunk to the size of your thumb and you carry her around in your hand, and you've tried and tried to teach Uncle Brian how to do a somersault but he just doesn't get it. Thankfully, you haven't tried to give me any toilet paper gifts. 


So happy 35 months Little Bit. I know that this past month has been hard on you but you've breezed through it with flying colors. I also know how happy you are to have your dog back after he spent a week in the kennel. I, on the other hand, am not so happy about that one. Good god, does that dog drool all over my new floors!!!!




 Love Mama

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Hard to believe she is going to be 3 next month! I'm so glad that she has adjusted so well to the new house- she was too funny on Sunday!

Katie said...

I remember going to the hospital to meet Sophie. I can't believe that has been almost 3 years ago! What kind of kid would fess up to jumping on the beds when asked?!? Sophie looks so cute with Oscar. I'm curious to see how Oscar and a kitten interact, too.

Neurotic Atty said...

I would only be worried if she were a little BOY gazing longingly out the window and giving his best Judy Garland impression of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." :)

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I love that picture of Sophie and Oscar, too! Add a kitten in there and it may be just too cute for words!

Paula said...

Wow three...Well my daughter constantly signs the Sleeping Beauty Song.."I know you..dream"

Anonymous said...

Oh, I so want that dog!!