Sunday, June 14, 2009

Swims Up

The Soph is taking big kid swimming lessons. I can't even tell you how nervous I was for the first class. I was petrified that she wouldn't listen to the lifeguards and end up diving off the side of the pool on her own. Luckily, Emma and Ethan are in the same class so there was hope that she would follow their lead and LISTEN. And surprise surprise, she sat on the edge of the pool, took her turns and did EVERYTHING the lifeguard said. Parents weren't even allowed on the swim deck. We were relegated to the hallway to watch through the windows. Probably for the best!

But I am beginning to HATE our local Y. Initially we were told that the class was limited to 6 kids, so if you want in, you had better kid your a double s down there and sign up. On the first class, however, 12 kids magically appeared. 

And the number two reason, on Thursday I think we got booted out on purpose. Apparently, "someone" heard thunder so they had to cancel class. In reality, I party was getting ready to start. Looked like a baseball league was going to be having a party...so i'm 99% positive that we got booted. So what do you do when you have 3 disappointed kids on your hand?? You go to DQ!


Taken with mama's new Iphone :) 


4 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

We've not braved the Y swim lessons yet, but we need to. I agree with you on DQ--I like to enjoy a Blizzard every chance I can :)

Anonymous said...

They look like they handled the disappointment ok. I agree about the Y, doesn't sound like good management.
G

Jenny said...

I will tell you that we were in swim lessons on Thursday evening- granted in Charleston, but there was no thunder to be heard.

The Iphone takes pretty good pictures- I haven't taken any yet.

Katie said...

I'm glad the kids are doing so well in their swim class. DQ is definitely a good substitute for pool time.