Sunday, March 1, 2009

I want my DSL!

Still no internet. I was suppose to get it on Friday but I came home and listened to a pre-recorded message from Verizon telling me that my new installation date would be next Tuesday. I think "installation" is stretching it, considering all they have to do is flip a switch! But we do have TV. Thank god for the little things. The house is still a living disaster. That's why I haven't going on a walking tour with my camera. 

I did check out the graveyard. It's old. Old old. One woman was born in 1800 and died in 1874. Sadly, there's quite a few little kids buried there. One little girl, who died at 1, had the same last name as Sophie's friend Gracie. Creepy. It doesn't seem like anyone is taking care of it, which is sad. Tombstones are knocked over and briers are everywhere. 

And Little Bit is now the Little Mermaid. This actually suits me just fine as it was my favorite Disney movie. I'm sure that it our awesome neighbors listened closely, they could hear Sophie B. and me belting out "Part of that World" as though we were stars on Broadway. But unlike them, we really are awesome!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sophie's hair has gotten so long! Good luck with getting everything put together in your house.

Carrie S.

Neurotic Atty said...

When I switched to DSL, Verizon just sent me the stuff in the mail, and I just connected it all on my own. Of course, I already had phone service, so that's probably the difference. Hope you're up and running soon, though. Life with the internets sucks!

Please tell Sophie that she needs to stop looking like such a little girl and go back to looking like a baby.

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Sophie's hair is beautiful! And why do I wish that my own kitchen could be pink like that!

Anonymous said...

i can not get over how long sophie's hair looks, she looks like quite the big girl!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Sophie really looks like a big girl in that photo. Can't believe she's going to be 3
G

Janice said...

I can't remember what I did for fun before we had the internet, lol. I hope the Verizon guy comes to your house soon!

Jenny said...

I have to agree with everyone else...I cannot believe what a big girl Sophie looks like! Her hair is so very pretty and so, so long!

Good luck with the DSL situation.

I'm Shea! said...

we all used to belt out "Part of that World" as little gals...

hey all that practicing when we were little was worth it I guess, in Highschool I used that song to audition for GREASE and it worked!

keep up those disney voice lessons!

Shana-Lynn said...

STILL no INTERNET!! Holy Cow!

Susie PSU said...

I had that song on a CD in my car and I'd tell my roommate it was so I could practice it. She said "Practice it. For WHAT?!?"

I didn't have an answer. But I love the song!