Thursday, March 19, 2009

Young at Heart

I sometimes think that my kid could sell ice to Eskimos. When she asked her great-grandpa, Papaw Choo-Choo, if he wanted to get in her princess tent, he initially said that he was too big and wouldn't fit. All it took was a look and a "pleeeese Papaw Choo-Choo," and my 82 year old grandpa climbed right in. He's quite smitten. Of course as he was climbing out, as this picture shows, and was eye level with Sophie B. she says to him, "You don't have any hair!!" The girl calls them like she sees them.



Every second that Little Bit spends with each of her 3 great-grandparents I try to etch in my mind. I was lucky enough to have 4 of my great-grandparents up into my twenties. I remember all of the crazy stories they told me about growing up in the early 1900's. Great grandparents are the real people who walked to school up hill, both ways. 


And do you like the jelly shoes with socks look? Aunt Paula let her pick out that ensemble as I was off picking up Reggie. 

6 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I LOVE the jelly shoes with socks look! I was also lucky enough to have great grandparents around. Jonathan has two great grandparents and I want him to spend as much time with them as possible!

Katie said...

I didn't even notice the jelly shoes until you pointed them out. They seem to be a little more, um, stylish than the ones I used to wear. You know that is exactly what you laid out for her to wear! It is great that Sophie has so many relatives that love her.

Anonymous said...

That photo just rips out my heart. No doubt about it that girl can wrap some people around that little pinkie. You forgot to mention that she wore that lovely outfit out to dinner that night.
G

Anonymous said...

I suppose we were pretty lucky to have such wonderful grandparents and great-grandparents. We certainly have some fond memories of our time spent with them, don't we?!
Kel

Shana-Lynn said...

Awww. you and Sophie are so lucky to have/had your great-grandparents around. That's AWESOME and so special.

Anna said...

Oh goodness, Aunt Paula would do that. Those were good times, spending time with them and listening to their stories.
That's a good picture of the both of them.