Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Ten On Tuesday

1. In less than 2 weeks we'll be heading to the Redneck Riviera for our annual family beach trip. Sophie is PUMPED and asks every day if it's time to load up and go. I'm excited to get away but I'm down about not being able to bake in the sun for hours on end. Sitting in a chair where the surf breaks reading a book is one of life's greatest pleasures. I also worry about leaving Stella. She's not doing well.


2. The 4th of July is coming up this weekend. I am glad that our annual beach trip got pushed back 2 weeks so that we are actually here on the 4th. I always loved watching fireworks as a kidd-o. Now that Sophie is getting older it's easier to do things like that. And to me, no 4th of July is complete without a parade. We usually truck down to the teeny tiny little town my dad and grandma lives and line the streets and wait for the ear piecing sound of fire engines. Last year I think they parade every single emergency vehicle in the whole county. Including jet skis being towed down the road. And then the funeral home hands out ice cream. Is that not weird?!


3. I have a new love and his name is Jack Johnson. And it's my hubby's fault that I have this new love as he listens to him all.the.time. I tried not to give in to his music. But the music and the looks sucked me right in. Soph goes around singing his songs too. Currently, her favorite is Angel.


4. I learned this past weekend that 32 year old women have no business playing beer pong. Although I am quite good at it, it always wins. And I paid an entire Sunday for sinking those little ping pong balls into cups. Thought.I.Would.Die.


5. True Blood. Why it took me so long to get into this show I'll never know. Could be because we don't have HBO. I've read all of the books but I'm only up to episode 3. Stinks because I have to get them from Netflix and I can't watch them instantly.


6. I have officially lost 28 pounds! Took me 4 freaking years but I finally weigh less than my pre-pregnancy weight. And I'm almost to my pre-wedding weight. I figure that if I can't be tan, I'll be skinny. And to borrow from one of my online friends, I'm on a MILF Mission. Is that rude and crude? Sorry but that's the look I'm shooting for. I feel it's a noble look to go for.


7. Sophie wants to try karate again. She tried last summer but she was still too young. It just seems expensive! And I don't know if I want her to be able to break boards. That really puts the odds in her favor when she becomes a teenager and our fights begin.


8. Our new patio is fini! YAY! We haven't really had time to break it in though. We had a few neighbors over a few weeks ago but we didn't get to chill back there very long because of course when you want kids to be out back, they want to be out front. And it has been HOT. Covered patio or not, no one wants to set outside when it's 90 degrees at 8 o'clock. I'll post pictures soon. We just sealed it so now we have to get the furniture back on.


9. I've got to see Eclipse this week even if it means going solo. Would that be too pathetic? Some friends are going tonight at midnight but I'm positive that I would be in worse shape staying up until 3 am watching a movie then going for another round of beer pong!


10. And I'll leave you one from Soph's stint as a flower girl a few weeks ago. I just love it.



4 comments:

Anna said...

FYI This will be REALLY long. :D

1. AWESOME! Have fun. I wish we lived closer cause then I would tell you that I would house sit and watch Stella. :D

2. Parades are so much fun, especially in small towns.

3. Jack Johnson is a very good artist. I had my phase of him but still listen to him every now and then.

4. Oh the joys of being young and playing beer pong. :-) Hopefully you learned your lesson. haha

5. Never really got into those books or show.

6. Yay for losing weight!!! So proud of you! Keep up the awesome work! :D

7. I did all the girly things as a kid (ballet, gymnastics, dance, etc.) and I still get in fights with my mom just learned that violence wasn't the answer, especially when I'm bigger than she is. lol Just hope that Sophie doesn't get taller then you because then your screwed regardless. lol

8. Woo Hoo! I was glad when our deck was finished. Took forever but it is so nice to go out and sit when the weather is nice and the bugs are away. Maybe some family members should come sometime for a visit and break in the new patio. Maybe even play an inaugural game of bp. :D
(if you didn't get it refer to number 4)

9. No, going to a movie solo isn't pathetic, a little sad but not as low as pathetic. jk lol :) I would rather be asleep at 3 am rather than going home from a movie. Plus, sometimes its better to see a movie once its been in theaters for a while. idk that's what I usually do.

10. Sophie is so stinking cute. Miss her sooooo freaking much. Might have to do something about that. :D

Told you it would be long, but sometimes its necessary. :D

Hugs and Kisses from the KS family.

Paula said...

congrats on weight loss, i seem to be heading the wrong way on that one..wendy and i are going this friday if you want to beam up to morgantown to watch eclipse with us

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Go you on your weight loss! Just think about all the new clothes you get to buy!

I love Jack Johnson too! We were introduced to him through the Curious George movie. The whole Fantoni family loves him!

We are going to be in Hurricane this weekend for the 4th festivities that are apparently on the 3rd. I am really looking forward it since I grew up seeing the fireworks in Hurricane and can't wait to share with Jonathan!

Anonymous said...

Sophie looks so beautiful! Can't wait to see you all in a few weeks! -Amy