Friday, March 28, 2008

52 Weeks: Me & Sophie B

Mommies NEVER get in front of the camera. So my photo board came up with a solution for that little problem.  Once a week, for the next year my mission is to take one photo a week of Sophie B AND myself. I've been meaning to get in more pictures for a long time now but of course I hate looking at myself in pics. And back in November I bought a remote for my camera but sadly yesterday was the first time I broke it out. Well today I decided to plop the camera on the dresser and see what happens. So here is week #1. Ok so you can't totally see my face, but it's a start. 





I should say that I technically didn't snap it, Miss Sophie operated the remote and would not let it go (you can even see it in her hand!). She even took a few self portraits of herself, and if I do say so myself, she did a pretty good job! 


 

9 comments:

Shana-Lynn said...

I thought this was such a cool idea when I saw it on the board. I should get my butt in gear and start.

Cute pictures. I think Sophie will be a great photographer just like her mom.

Katie said...

That is a good idea. Of course, when I tried to take pictures of myself holding Jordan both of us ended up looking like zombies who had been into the booze. But anyway... I think Sophie did a good job snapping the pics. Although it is hard to see yourself in pictures (at least for me), I know we'll value the pics later.

CBRESQ said...

I have tried to make an effort to take more pics with me and Viv and all three of us. Some of my favorite ones are the pictures of all three. It is sometimes easier to skip pics with yourself, but I know I wish I had more of my mom and I when I was young. Way to go Kim (and Sophie).

starfitch said...

That's great! We'll be happy to see more of you with Sophie. She did a great job.

Anonymous said...

that sounds like a great idea. you will be glad you did it when Sophie gets older and so will she. love her hair in that last pic
G

Megan said...

Wow! Sophie did a great job on the lighting on her self-portrait! :)

Great pics...We mommies really do need to get ourselves in front of the camera more!

Paula said...

She did a great job with her camera work...I hear you about the pictures. I have been trying since you blogged about it a while ago..I already regret not having more pictures of me preggo. I have the horrible sideways shots every month but no casual shots of me.

Neurotic Atty said...

What a great idea! Mommies never get in the pictures because they're always behind the camera, which really stinks! Can't wait to see the rest of the series!

Oh, and love the second pic!

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I am right there with you--I detest pictures of me! But I think it's a good idea and I may try it too!